Conference Title: Falls Prevention and Management in Older People
Venue: Manchester Conference Centre, Manchester
Date: Wednesday 6th December 2017
SensorCare will be exhibiting at the Falls Prevention and Management in Older People Conference on 6th December. So, why not stop by our stand to speak with our representatives about our falls prevention systems?
This conference focuses on falls prevention and management in older people, reducing falls and harm from falls, and monitoring progress against the National Quality Standard. The conference will also discuss the NEW Quality Standard for Falls Prevention published in January 2017 as well as advice for implementing the Quality Statements in practice, and learning from National Falls Improvement Collaborative Sites.
Sessions throughout the day will focus on developing effective multidisciplinary assessment, reducing harm from falls and improving the use of post fall protocols for every patient and secondary prevention. The conference will also discuss key elements in the reduction of falls in your service including assessment of syncope and underlying health issues, developing personalized falls prevention care plans, , frailty as falls, falls prevention in acute, community and mental health settings, and improving the systems for falls monitoring and learning.
Benefits of attending
- Network with colleagues who are working to improving falls prevention and management in older people
- Understand the national context including the National Quality Standard and National Falls Improvement Collaborative
- Develop your skills and improve competence in falls prevention and management
- Understand how to improve reporting and learning from falls
- Improve your skills in the development of falls prevention and improvement programmes
- Examine your role within falls prevention and management
- Learn from established in the development of multidisciplinary assessment, post fall protocols and falls prevention personalized care plans
- Understand the impact of mental health issues, medication, syncope, comorbidity and blood pressure on falls, and how these can be mitigated
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence